ArtScroll / Mesorah
You’re a Jewish woman. You live your life by halachah. This sefer is for you.
• Must a girl hear Kiddush on Shabbos? May she eat before Kiddush?
• Must a single girl light neiros Chanukah? How about giving mishloach manos?
• Is a woman or girl obligated to take the lulav and esrog on Succos?
• I have to be in the hospital over Shabbos. How do I light Shabbos candles?
• Which parts of tefillah should women and girls recite?
• I live by myself. Can I make Havdalah?
A Woman’s Guide to Practical Halachah explores many important topics, with a focus on situations that women face in their everyday lives. Topics covered include the halachos of daily living, Shabbos, each of the yamim tovim, preparing and kashering the kitchen for Pesach, the laws of yichud, tevillas keilim and many more. All halachos have been reviewed by Rabbi Noach Isaac Oelbaum.
Written with great clarity, with source notes for further study, A Woman’s Guide to Practical Halachah is a book that Jewish women will refer to again and again.